Our Department of Natural Resources (DNR) field contacts continue to work with us and check our trails. Our grant sponsors continue to maintain a close relationship with those field contacts. They work hard to ensure that everything runs smoothly.
The chart included here shows you where your trail permit dollars went last season.
In July contracts were sent out to 13 of the 64 grant sponsors to purchase new equipment (groomers & drags) to the tune of $2.1 million. There is a specific set of criteria used to determine what grant sponsor will receive new equipment.
Also, this summer there will be more than a half a million dollars spent on special maintenance, bridge repair, culverts, trail reroutes etc.
The following equipment items are being purchased for the following areas:
- Big Bay 550 Snowmobile Club: groomer and drag
- Grand Marais Trails Association: groomer and drag
- Gaylord Area Trails Council: groomer and drag
- Cheboygan Trail Blazers: groomer
- Alpena Snowmobile Association: groomer
- Wellston Winter Trails : groomer
- Alcona County Parks & Rec: groomer and drag
- Gogebic Area Grooming Inc.: drag
- Iron Range Trail Club: groomer and drag
- NORMENCO: drag
- Indian River Grooming Club: drag
- Trail Riders Snowmobile: groomer and drag
- AuSable Valley Snow Groomer: groomer and drag